In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences of rejection – from the perceived judgment of the perfectly toned woman one elliptical over to the incredibly painful childhood abandonment by her father. She leans in to honestly examine the roots of rejection, as well as rejection’s ability to poison relationships from the inside out, including our relationship with God.
With biblical depth, gut-honest vulnerability, and refreshing wit, Lysa will help you:
- Stop feeling left out by believing that even when you are overlooked by others you are handpicked by God.
- Change your tendency to either fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process your hurt.
- Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady your soul and restore your confidence in the midst of rejection.
- Overcome the two core fears that feed your insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging.
How the Blog Tour Will Benefit You
During the blog tour, we will post on both Lysa’s social media platforms with a link directing traffic back to the blog tour page. This will give our audience an opportunity to find your blog space as a participant in the tour (and completely fall in love with you!)
How the Blog Tour Works
The blog tour will take place during the month of August. We suggest any of the following prompts that are aligned with the Uninvited message. And we realize you may not have time to read the entire book. So, we’ve marked the sections of the book that correlate with these suggested prompts to make this more doable for you.
- “Rejection steals the best of who I am by reinforcing the worst of what’s been said to me.” How have the deep hurts of your past stolen joy from today? (page 8)
- “God’s love isn’t based on me. It’s simply placed on me. And it’s the place from which I should live… loved.” What are some practical ways that you “live loved”? (pages 30-40)
- “Relationships don’t come in packages of perfection, relationships come in packages of potential.” How has this played out in your life? (page 90)
- Ten Things You Must Remember When Rejected – Explain how one of these statements has been true for you or choose a statement that you’re holding onto in a current situation. (pages 130-145)
- “Heartbreaking seasons can certainly grow me but were never meant to define me.” Share how God has used some of your most painful times to grow your relationship with Him. (pages 196-198)
You can give a review of the book, write about one of the above themes or write whatever comes to mind when reading Uninvited. We want this to work for you and the natural style of your blog.
Please feel free to use any of these graphics on your blog or any of your other social media outlets along with #UninvitedBook where appropriate. You do not need any special permission to use anything on this page.
Before You Hit Publish…
- Intro – Let your readers know that you are part of the Uninvited Blog Tour. Use this blurb or feel free to edit in your own style:
This post is part of Lysa TerKeurst’s Uninvited Book Blog Tour which I am delighted to be a part of along with many other inspiring bloggers. To learn more and join us, click here.
- Outro – Use this blurb or feel free to edit in your own style.
Even when you’re overlooked by others, you are handpicked by God. In her new book, Uninvited, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst will help you live like you really believe that truth! You can get your copy by going to s31785.p716.sites.pressdns.com.
- Schedule a social media post – tell the world you are a part of the tour and share your post with your followers. See below for some options to help you get started.
How to Submit a Post
Please visit (uninvitedbook.com/blog-tour) to upload your blog post to our Blog Tour Page once your post is live. We will promote the Blog Tour page via social media and hope to send new readers to your blog.
Our hashtag for all book related posts will be #UninvitedBook. Feel free to use that whenever you talk about your post. Also, Lysa’s Twitter/Instagram handle is @LysaTerKeurst if you’d like to tag her.
Feel free to use these additional quotes from Uninvited in your blog post or social media promotions.
- Rejection isn’t just an emotion we feel. It’s a message that’s sent to the core of who we are, causing us to believe lies about ourselves, others, and God. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- No person’s rejection can ever exempt me from God’s love for me. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- Live from the abundant place that you are loved, and you won’t find yourself begging others for scraps of love. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- God wants our hearts to be in alignment with Him before our hands set about doing today’s assignment for Him. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- The more fully we invite God in, the less we will feel uninvited by others.
- Bitterness, resentment, and anger have no place in a heart as beautiful as yours. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- The tweaking of us by God in the quiet is the saving of us in public. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- The devil is vicious, but he’s not victorious. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- Inspiration and information without personal application will never amount to transformation. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
- With You, Jesus, I’m forever safe. I’m forever accepted. I’m forever held. Completely loved and always invited in. #UninvitedBook @LysaTerKeurst
Here are some additional grab-and-go tweets to get you started:
- Learning that even when I’m overlooked by others, I’m handpicked by God. Thank you @LysaTerKeurst #Uninvitedbook: (link to your post)
- Digging in to #Uninvitedbook by @LysaTerKeurst to see if my past hurts are affecting me today: (link to your post)
- Love this quote from @LysaTerKeurst, “God’s love isn’t based on me. It’s simply placed on me.” #Uninvitedbook (link to your post)
Information about Lysa
Lysa TerKeurst is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times bestselling author of Uninvited and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com or on social media @LysaTerKeurst.