Press Release Text
Download Full Press Release (.pdf)
Rejection steals the best of who I am by reinforcing the worst of what’s been said to me
Lysa TerKeurst, New York Times bestselling author of The Best Yes, will release new book Uninvited in August.
Uninvited helps us realize the more fully we invite God in, the less we will feel uninvited by others.
In our highly filtered, unrealistically edited, perfection projecting social-media-driven world, women are feeling the pains of rejection more than ever before. That is why on August 9, 2016, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst will release Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely (Nelson Books, 2016).
The truth is, rejection affects us all way more than we’d like to admit. And too often, the hurts of our past are affecting our present more than we realize. According to TerKeurst, “We are all either trying to get healing from past rejection, dealing with a present rejection, or fearing that an unexpected rejection is just around the corner.”
Rejection isn’t just an emotion we feel, it’s a message that’s sent to the core of who we are, causing us to believe lies about ourselves, others, and God.
Uninvited tells the story of the enemy’s schemes to make us feel less than, left out, and lonely. His lies can cripple our courage, dismantle our dreams, and blind us to the beauty of God’s love; but TerKeurst reminds us that the fullness of God can be found in the radical act of “living loved”—in finally seeing ourselves the way God does, as children who were made to take hold of the love He freely gives.
Uninvited invites us to a place of abundance, grace, and hope—where God knows every part of us, and loves us just the same. With a mix of biblical depth, gut-honest vulnerability, refreshing wit, and chapters like “There’s a Lady at the Gym Who Hates Me,” “Hello, My Name Is Trust Issues,” and “Ten Things You Must Remember When Rejected,” TerKeurst empowers readers with practical strategies for embracing rejection in a whole new way.
In Uninvited, readers will learn how to:
- Stop feeling left out by believing that even when you are overlooked by others you are handpicked by God.
- Change your tendency to either fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process your hurt.
- Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady your soul and restore your confidence in the midst of rejection.
- Overcome the two core fears that feed your insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging.
Uninvited is a practical guidebook for:
- Most of us who have no idea how much past rejections are harming present relationships.
- Women who constantly battle feeling left out and less than caused by filter-filled social media.
- Singles hurting from failed romantic relationships.
- Anyone tending to the scars left by a broken family or an unhealthy friendship or relationship.
- College students looking for ways to arm themselves against rejection in a new environment.
- Teenagers facing bullies, peer pressure, and self-doubt.
- Parents needing to heal from their own rejections before they can help children who are hurting.
- Anyone who has dealt with or is currently dealing with a deep hurt.
Through the pages of Uninvited, you will be taken on a journey of finding the acceptance and love you’ve always longed for and start to pick up the pieces that maybe you’ve been trying to put back together for years. You’ll laugh, cry, and best of all discover that with Jesus you are safe, forever accepted, forever held, completely loved, and always invited in.